Sign in to follow this  
milkshake

BG Renderer 2.0 released

Forgive the self-promotion but wanted to let you guys know that today I released BG Renderer 2.0 for After Effects. It is completely re-written from the ground up to be meaner, leaner and more productive. Also it is fully CS5 compatible and you should not see any more of the Terminal issues from the previous versions. The new Pro version includes some exciting new post render actions including notifications to email (with render log), sms and even iPhone push notifications plus many more new features.

Check it out here: http://aescripts.com/bg-renderer/

Thanks for listening,

Lloyd

Forgive the self-promotion but wanted to let you guys know that today I released BG Renderer 2.0 for After Effects. It is completely re-written from the ground up to be meaner, leaner and more productive. Also it is fully CS5 compatible and you should not see any more of the Terminal issues from the previous versions. The new Pro version includes some exciting new post render actions including notifications to email (with render log), sms and even iPhone push notifications plus many more new features.

Check it out here: http://aescripts.com/bg-renderer/

Thanks for listening,

Lloyd

Lloyd, you make such good tools I DEPEND on your shameless self-promotion to stay up to date.

I think aescripts is the only non-personal facebook page I've subscribed to.

Congrats on the release.

Can I assume your plugin will cause all 24 of my green bars to peak?

And can it tell me if AE crashes? (seems remote, but that would be awesome)

-m

Lloyd, you make such good tools I DEPEND on your shameless self-promotion to stay up to date.

I think aescripts is the only non-personal facebook page I've subscribed to.

Congrats on the release.

Can I assume your plugin will cause all 24 of my green bars to peak?

And can it tell me if AE crashes? (seems remote, but that would be awesome)

-m

As long as the terminal doesn't crash (which is very rare) you should still get a notification with the logged error. It's hard to test every crashing scenario of course so if you it does happen to you I would love to hear how BG Renderer did in either case.

Cheers,

Lloyd

excuse my lack of knowledge/researching its capabilities, but is this basically a command line renderer? What would make it better then me rendering it out of Terminal? Except the whole typing thing... :D . oh ya and i don't have an iphone but a droid, would it send me messages on that too???

excuse my lack of knowledge/researching its capabilities, but is this basically a command line renderer? What would make it better then me rendering it out of Terminal? Except the whole typing thing... :D . oh ya and i don't have an iphone but a droid, would it send me messages on that too???

You are correct, it is an interface to the command line renderer so if you know how to setup a command line argument to set off a render that will trigger an email with render log attached only if there was an error during the render then you probably don't have much use for it. To get a notification on your android you can use the send SMS option. To get push notifications, turn on growl notifications and use the growl for android app. Here's more info on that: http://code.google.com/p/growlforandroid/

Cheers,

Lloyd

Edited by milkshake

Sweet! that's good to know. I have a request/question. Usually the renders that I would need to be notified about would be out of Maya, do you think it's possible to apply the same principle to your bg render to maya??? that would be F'n sweet.

Sweet! that's good to know. I have a request/question. Usually the renders that I would need to be notified about would be out of Maya, do you think it's possible to apply the same principle to your bg render to maya??? that would be F'n sweet.

Anything is possible :-) How do you launch your Maya renders?

-Lloyd