Sign in to follow this  
cathor

build sphere out of jigsaw pieces. C4D

Hi!

I have this extruded jigsaw piece that i want to use to build a sphere and just cant seem to pull it off. Played around with a cloner in object mode for quite a while but cant make it wrap the way i want it to. Need it to be seamless and wrap correctly around the sphere.

Need it to be a mograph object in the end so that i can animate it using effectors.

Any suggestions? Would be highly appreciated.

TIA

I would take different approaches whether you want the pieces to be able to flatten out or if they can just stay in their curved shape all the time. If they can stay curved, I would make the whole puzzle as a rectangle, with all the pieces as separate objects. Then I'd spherify that puzzle. Make editable. At this point you could do some extruding and beveling to the pieces if you want. Then take all the pieces and put them in a cloner on "iterate" mode.

If you want the pieces to be able to, say, flatten out if they move off of the sphere, it would be a little more complicated but it could still work.