Sign in to follow this  
getSOME

What are you listening to??

Sooo I've been through my itunes so many times that when i get a new cd i listen to it till im sick of it. What you guys listening to out there? Im looking for some good music to push some pixels around to.

I'm waiting for the new Cut Copy. In the meanwhile I'm relistening 90s IDM (Autechre before they went shit, Proem, Kettel), chilling out to dark ambient (Lustmord, Troum, R|A|A|N) and enjoying the already fading witchouse trend. Oh and this:

Anyone check out the site grooveshark? I don't usually have any problems with it while im working, only a little bit when rendering heavy files due to it being a flash site. Not everything is up on there but there is alot

oh ya i forgot http://grooveshark.com/

Edited by getSOME

Anyone check out the site grooveshark? I don't usually have any problems with it while im working, only a little bit when rendering heavy files due to it being a flash site. Not everything is up on there but there is alot

oh ya i forgot http://grooveshark.com/

Grooveshark actually isn't Flash anymore -- Flash is just used for playing the music, while the interface is now all HTML. Makes it much, much more lightweight.

As for what I'm listening to right now, I'll direct you to my playlist -- it's a pretty nerdy mix. When I'm looking for something a little quieter, I usually go back to Emiliana Torrini, Owen Pallett, Jonsi, Sigur Ros, or put on the Solaris soundtrack for the forty billionth time.

...Autechre before they went shit...

When did that happen in your opinion? I used to listen to Incunabula and Amber every day. I kinda fell off after LP5.

I'm a big PlanetMu fan but just discovered Mrs. Jynx and have been listening to Shark Carousel quite a lot this last month.

I could really use a new release from BOC.

-m

When did that happen in your opinion? I used to listen to Incunabula and Amber every day. I kinda fell off after LP5.

I'm a big PlanetMu fan but just discovered Mrs. Jynx and have been listening to Shark Carousel quite a lot this last month.

-m

Im guessing Mrs Jynk, Shark carousel song number 7 is your favorite... at least by the name :D

Im guessing Mrs Jynk, Shark carousel song number 7 is your favorite... at least by the name :D

I actually had no idea that there were 2 tracks on that album with monkey in the title.

For some reason I stopped paying attention to song names years ago (I might have Aphex Twin to thank for that).

My brain can't seem to hold more than Labels/Artists/Albums/Track Number

Favorites are actually 2,8,9,10.

-m

-m

With lp5. Tri repetae was a masterpiece.

Nebulo's last album, Artefact, just watched those nice teasers the other day and had to listen to it again.

I use last.fm to discover new music and see what friends are listening, and also use discogs for browsing labels and bands, highly recommend this sites.