Sign in to follow this  
Duder

Wacom + C4D pict viewer

Am I the only one who gets this problem? Everytime you try to use the picture viewer with a Wacom tablet (intuos 3) and resize or move the window, it just resizes down to it's smallest size? Resizing it back to your size then clicking the edges again, it resizes down.

WTF is up? Same happens on half a dozen machines. Pisses me off during jamming.

I have a similar problem with the Picture Viewer and the Intuos 4 where if I try and resize the window, particularly during a render, it gets "stuck" and wherever I click next it puts the corner of the window. I've gotten used to it, but it's obnoxious.

R

What are you guys OSX? PC? C4D R11.x? C4D R12.x?

And are you talking about just doing this with the pen or are you using buttons or shortcuts?

I've never seen this problem, but it sounds intolerable. ;)

-m

EDIT: Also if someone gets it again can they post a screenshot? I'm still not sure I get it completely.

Edited by the_Monkey

I'm on OS X, Snow Leopard 10.6.6

11.5 & 12.

Basically, if you have the pict viewer open and you try to move around the window, it just resizes down to it's smallest size. Same happens when you hit the corner and try to resize it that way. Really really weird. Never happens with the mouse.

It happens to me as well in R12. It's really annoying, it's almost like you have to slow down the dragging of the window, but even then it still pops around all wonky. I have all the latest updates as well for both driver and C4D.

edit: Apparently I wasn't updated with the driver, I just did and if I resize the window I don't get the problem anymore, just when I try to drag it around. Then I jumped back in and tried it again and it's not happening. Really weird. It definitely happens on a regular basis, even if inconsistent.

Edited by a2visual

Maybe this has never happened to me because I have my PictureViewer docked in my layout instead of floating.

?

-m

Definitely, sometimes I dock it sometimes I float it... I should really dock it and save the layout though. Happened to me again today, pretty annoying

This always happens to me, too. Next time it does, I'll try to get a screen capture. Didn't know it was a Wacom only thing.

Hey Nick, do you think this is a Wacom issue or Maxon? Do you also get it with a non tablet device?

Maybe it can be reported to Maxon so they can take a look at it.

Seems like I'm not the only one pulling my hair out. Such little things can make a person go crazy.

Can someone who's close with Maxon please report this?

It's pissing me the f$%#%# off. :angry:

seeing as how this is a forum of self-sufficience, MAXON does have a form on their website where you can submit this as a bug...I'm sure they would appreciate it. ;)

you might even get a response from support...who knows.

Happens to me too (PC, 11.5)

I would just dock it as Monkey said, but I have a few of those little 7" USB monitors running along my desk under the normal monitors and like to keep it fullscreen on one of those to keep an eye on it.

After this thread I started noticing I had the same kind of problems in AE & other programs. In AE the left click would get stuck and drag around until you switch programs. After some searching I found a few people that had the same problems and they said backing up and restoring the preferences from the Wacom Tablet Utility seemed to fix the problem. I did it this morning and tested things in C4D and all seems well…so far.

Seems this is a Wacom problem overall.