Sign in to follow this  
bzudo

perspective in c4d

I'm trying to create a graph with this perspective. It's similar to the gentlemen perspective, but in reverse. Any thoughts on how I can create this perspective. I would like to keep the geometry of the objects normal. IE: I don't really want to extrude the object and then drag the far polygon points to the left.

2la80sj.png

Any ideas.

Originally I just wanted to extrude in Z-space. I then wanted to adjust the camera's perspective to achieve the look of the graph. I followed eliss' advice and just used extrude nurbs in both Z and X space. I left the camera in the gentlemen perspective.

LOL, I know exactly what you're asking bzudo. not sure what's wrong with these other folks.

If you zoom way out with a perspective cam, but give the camera an extremely long focal length, you can get something that's close to gentleman's or isometric but you can still move the camera. Then you can get something that is similar to gentleman's but facing the other way.

wtf is the gentlemens perspecitve?

you can change the camera mode to a bunch of different modes like isometric and stuff, look into that.

the gentleman's perspective is a sophisticated, yet daring look at an objects geometry. ;P it's also one of the options below the isometric stuff.

thanks, nog.

Edited by bzudo

new question. to achieve the look of the graph above, i used a spline and an extrude nurbs. i also animated the spline points to change the shape of the graph over time.

it works perfectly, however, i want to convert spline and extrude nurbs into a editable object so i can texture it, but i also want to keep the animation.

i've tried baking the animation, but it doesn't seem to work. any ideas?

ehh, why would you not be able to texture the extrude nurbs object?

edit: oh, are we talking about the text? couldn't that just be on a separate plane that you put in front of the graph?