Sign in to follow this  
butler

Is this possible to do in C4D with Xpresso

Alright so I have a text object inside of a cloner object.... I created a user data to input a text string. is it possible to take each text character of the text string and put it into a each of the cloned text objects?

Example would be the text string is "hi"... I have the cloner object set to 3 clones... first clone is "h" second "i" third ""

Please help me out I am stuck. Thanks

Nope, not AFAIK. Cloner Data is read-only and cannot be modified externally. It may be possible with a COFFEE or Python setup or something elaborate involving Thinking Particles, but I can't think of any way to do it just by plugging together XPresso nodes...

Mylenium

Maybe you want to tell us what exactly you are trying to achieve or how the final text piece should behave.

Perhaps there is a non xpresso solution for this.

I was thinking the same thing because using a MoText object you can already control text on a per letter basis. What are you trying to do that you can't do with effectors in a MoText object?

Eh I checked out the file from david and it seemed to complicated for what I was trying to create... Thanks for the reply's and c4d file though!!

One last question I have for this project though would be this: I have 4 objects in a cloner... I have 4 check boxes in my user data that when unchecked the corresponding object visibility is turned off... the problem I am having is when I do this the cloner leaves a gap where the invisible object is... is it possible to disable the object so the cloner is displayed correctly? Thanks!