Sign in to follow this  
Hamilton

USB PreAmp

Hey Mo's

So I have a pretty good mic but with this line in issue with macPros I get very low vocal recordings.

For those of you who use a set up like this I wanted to ask what USB preAmps ya'll could suggest.

I'd like to keep it near the $100 or less range.

Thanks.

Edited by Hamilton

check out sweetwater.com They've got just about everything.

-mike

Cool thanks. I am more interested in feed back from anyone who may have a set up like this on the go for themselves.

I'll have a look and read some reviews.

Cool thanks. I am more interested in feed back from anyone who may have a set up like this on the go for themselves.

I'll have a look and read some reviews.

I use the mobile pre from m-audio. It is great. 4 inputs, levels knobs for 2 channels. And visual input meters.

I use the mobile pre from m-audio. It is great. 4 inputs, levels knobs for 2 channels. And visual input meters.

I just got the tascam 1641 on amazon. its more pricey -at 300- but it works well with my macbook pro and i've been using to record music...

Thanks guys. As of now I really only need it to record voice overs. I've heard of the iMic but also heard that it kinda sucks for quality.

The Mobile-Pre looks not bad.

Pulled a 180 and just made a last minute order on amazon to get this little puppy.

Audio-Technica AT2020 USB Condenser USB Microphone

Called some local audio shops and no stock on any of the suggested preamps and nothing online was willing to ship sooner then mid/end of next week.

Caught one of those " order in the next 12 minutes " on amazon and will have it in 2 days.

We'll see how she goes.

Thanks for the feedbacks though.