Sign in to follow this  
jasfish

Twitter

Curious how many people here use twitter & what their @name is.

Looking for more mograph types to follow.

I'm @jasfish.

I post about mograph/music/movies/books.

What's your overall take on twitter?

I use twitter daily, hardly ever use Facebook anymore.

I practically live on twitter between renders

I'm @mrmikeflorio

I usually post about mograph/stuff at the studio/movies and random adventures.

Like jasfish I don't really use facebook anymore, but twitter is an easy way to stay connected with people whom I actually give a crap about ;)

I actually hardly use twitter. I mostly use facebook because more of my friends use it.

For some reason I have two twitter accounts:

@damnfinework

@billybobmuseum

I created the second one to tell people when my new comics are up.

@Zickart

Tweetdeck is always in my background interupting me , buts its always welcome

When I'm stuck on something I'll tweet about it

Most of you guys I'm following btw even before I know it was you :D

@Zickart

Tweetdeck is always in my background interupting me , buts its always welcome

When I'm stuck on something I'll tweet about it

Most of you guys I'm following btw even before I know it was you :D

Tweetdeck. Thanks for the reminder. Just installed it.

I finally got on Twitter recently to follow other people. @mono_fitz

ok expanding my twitter base.

still don't understand how communication it works, seems like too much communication to keep up with...

but hey lets give it a try =)

ok expanding my twitter base.

still don't understand how communication it works, seems like too much communication to keep up with...

but hey lets give it a try =)

In one day Tweet Deck has totally changed it for me. Much easier to follow, respond, peek at trends, etc. Very useful.

Ok wow, this tweet deck thing is awesome, and it got facebook in it too. Awesome! thanks a Heap =))

and in chrom is even way more awesome, since i dont have to install it =)

HAHA!

damn time flies, I just see twitter as RSS2.0

people seem to know how to use it. unlike rss... people still don't know what an rss reader is...

but, otherwise, evolution, BOoyah =)

http://mograph.net/board/index.php?showtopic=19026

-m

EDIT: Jesus... was that really 2 years ago? I think the internet has made life go by faster.

Forgot about that thread. Whatever happened to Kanye? And ZeBrownie for that matter?

Anyway, I was against Twitter at first when it was all a bunch of hipsters twatting faux-vintage pictures of their dinner plates, or even worse of themselves holding up some fucking poster they designed. Then I found a pretty decent group of folks actually talking about motion graphics and started seeing it's worth. I work alone 99% of the time, so it's actually pretty helpful to have short little 140-character bursts of wisdom find their way to my desktop. Lots of new techniques, and I spend far less time scouring blogs than I used to, as the right crowd will generally curate all the must-see stuff each day.

Not to mention the whole networking aspect of it - keep a casual line of communication open with people I may want to work with/for again. In the old days, when I had to turn down a gig due to scheduling conflicts or something, there was no way to make sure I stuck in their head as someone they should contact again on the next project. I was more or less just hoping they thought I was good enough to bother contacting twice, which may not always be the case for all I know. Now I can just follow them, hopefully get followed back, and blammo - they get daily reminders I still exist ;)

Come to the dark side my simian friend. I know you're firmly in the "rockstar" category and probably don't need the tidbits of wisdom and connections like the rest of us poor mid-levelers, but you may find something useful. I'll be the first one leeching off whatever you put out there :lol:

Edited by beau+++

Anyway, I was against Twitter at first when it was all a bunch of hipsters twatting faux-vintage pictures of their dinner plates, or even worse of themselves holding up some fucking poster they designed. Then I found a pretty decent group of folks actually talking about motion graphics and started seeing it's worth. I work alone 99% of the time, so it's actually pretty helpful to have short little 140-character bursts of wisdom find their way to my desktop. Lots of new techniques, and I spend far less time scouring blogs than I used to, as the right crowd will generally curate all the must-see stuff each day.

In addition to all that ^^ - I've had much more luck getting direct developer contact through twitter than any official support channel - Adobe especially are really helpful if you ask right. Plus I get to tell the world what's in my sandwich - what could be better?

I've had much more luck getting direct developer contact through twitter than any official support channel - Adobe especially are really helpful if you ask right.

If you're referring to the AdobeAE Twitter account, then you're referring to me (mostly). Though it's a team account, I do most of the posting and answering.

I don't like Twitter, and I'd greatly prefer that people use forums to ask questions. But, I know that not everyone feels that way, so I do pay attention to the cries for help over Twitter.

http://mograph.net/board/index.php?showtopic=19026

-m

EDIT: Jesus... was that really 2 years ago? I think the internet has made life go by faster.

I was thinking that thread was just this year. Time flies. I only use the twitters to read what famous people are up to. Never tweet, because no one cares as they shouldn't.