Sign in to follow this  
&Son

Thinking Particles - PDeflector Issue

Hello,

I have a "rocket". It needs to fly through a cloud, leaving a hole and scattering about some of the cloud. I am relatively new the Thinking Particles, but I made a set up that should work for my needs. ONLY...its not. The deflector node is looking changing the position of all my particles upon the event. Basically for a few frames my particles jump around then seem to come back together in a different arrangement. The only thing I can assume that could be a factor with this simple set-up is that I have my particles in a matrix object with a random effector generating the random order of clouds, and after it is deflected, it generates a new random seed?

Is there a better set-up, or a solution to this problem?

Please help...

Screen%20shot%202011-03-24%20at%205.51.10%20PM.png

Screen%20shot%202011-03-24%20at%205.51.19%20PM.png

without a scene file all we can do is guess.

before anything else :

did you check out what the Particle Priority (Before Effector / After Effector ) in the Matrix Object does ?

d

Edited by douwe

There was a similar question on the cineversity forum, the scenefile there incorporated the group change preset which changed

particle groups based on collision between a polygon object and the particles and no deflector. Here's the link to the thread.

http://www.cineversity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3112&PN=2

Edited by tezuka

nothing's wrong with your tp/mograph setup. all your particles do exactly what you need them to.

it's the pyrocluster that's misbehaving.

that's the issue you want to troubleshoot.

d

nothing's wrong with your tp/mograph setup. all your particles do exactly what you need them to.

it's the pyrocluster that's misbehaving.

that's the issue you want to troubleshoot.

d

Man, thats the standard behavior of the matrix generating tp, once you change its group, the matrix generates new particles. I dont know if there is an way to change or bypass that.

What you can do is use, i think, the getvolumeposition node to get a random position inside a cube to generate the particles. Just generate particles using pstorm conected with the surface to make the particles stay inside de cube.

I think it will do. Dont forget to use a timer node to stop creating particles.

I hope it helps!

Man, thats the standard behavior of the matrix generating tp, once you change its group, the matrix generates new particles.

@gui :

of course, but the new particles get generated at the old particles' positions.

one particle simply replaces the other.

@&Son :

if you're still looking for a solution : your particles are fine, it's your pyrocluster.

the issue is in the settings of your Pyrocluster's Clouds Materials, and it's only a Preview Issue.

Your Matrix generates 7*6*6 = 252 Particles.

In your Clouds' Shape Tabs, your Max. visible Parameters are set to Preview only 100 clouds.

raise that number = issue solved, right ?

cheers,

douwe

if you're still looking for a solution : your particles are fine, it's your pyrocluster.

the issue is in the settings of your Pyrocluster's Clouds Materials, and it's only a Preview Issue.

Your Matrix generates 7*6*6 = 252 Particles.

In your Clouds' Shape Tabs, your Max. visible Parameters are set to Preview only 100 clouds.

raise that number = issue solved, right ?

Thanks, douwe. Your a life saver.