Sign in to follow this  
dotcommer

Oh hai! I have a new reel!

I generally like the reel. I think it was cut well to the music. It's succinct and the work contained within is well executed.

I liked the intro and outro that you made for it and was a little disappointed with how heavily the whole reel relies on the first pro job you've got under your belt. Clearly there was a good deal to that first job and it's definitely good to frontload the reel with professional work but it would be nice to see a bit more variety throughout and ideally some neat personal experiments and projects.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing some more of your personal style and investigations in the future.

I generally like the reel. I think it was cut well to the music. It's succinct and the work contained within is well executed.

I liked the intro and outro that you made for it and was a little disappointed with how heavily the whole reel relies on the first pro job you've got under your belt. Clearly there was a good deal to that first job and it's definitely good to frontload the reel with professional work but it would be nice to see a bit more variety throughout and ideally some neat personal experiments and projects.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing some more of your personal style and investigations in the future.

Thanks for the crit! I appreciate it. I get what you're saying about the whole reel mostly focused on one job, and you're not the first to bring that up actually. I guess I should have called this the "2011 Visceral Games Reel". It was difficult to figure out what I wanted to put in the reel, as I try not to reuse old projects in new reels, hence why most of the reel is just the first big gig. During my time there, thats all I was able to work on, and didn't have time to experiment on my own stuff. Now that I'm done, and have a little free time, I was able to break out and experiment again. That is where the intro, outro came from. It felt good. Maybe I'll update this reel more as I do some more messing around on my free time.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Actually, I think I will modify this reel some more. There's a lot of good animation from other projects that only appear briefly in the final quick mashup at the end that I think I could show more of in the beginning where its slower.

Edited by dotcommer

Ok, I've edited my reel a little more and moved some of the projects that were at the end up to the front to break up all of the first gig work. I think I like this version better as it also feels snappier and shows a little more variety.