Sign in to follow this  
iline

Cinema 4d to AE import - Long Name Problem

Don't know if this has already been solved on mograph - but I had to share this for teh noobs who don't know...

Sometimes when you try to import an AEC generated by Cinema 4D it won't import, saying "folder name is too long, sorry!".

Just open the .aec in any text editor and right in the header at the top where it states the name of your (very long named) Cinema 4D project file, just rename this to anything you like. It's only used to name the folder in the Project window that AE creates on import. That's why it says the folder name is too long, not the project it was generated from. This is a legacy problem (32-char maximum names) which has likely been deprecated in later versions of After Effects. Dunno.

You'll need to relink your render passes/videos, but so what? You've just saved years of fiddling about.

Er, excuse me, but yes, in the R12 'Exchange Plugins' folder there are After Effects plugins for CS3+4, a separate one for CS5, both PC and Mac. What you on about?

I have migrated CINEMA4DAE from R12 exchange plugin directory into AfterEFFECTS CS3 plugin folder but its not working. I get this:

After Effects error:internal verification failure, sorry!(folder name must be between 1 and 31 characters)

then another prompt says this:

After Effects:AEGP plugin CINEMA4DAE:Unable to create composition

THEN AFTER you press okay for the second time...another prompt says this:

After Effects AEGP Plugin CINEMA4DAE: There was an error loading the file in line 653.

(5027::12)

Yes, I am trying to open an AEC file in CS3 After Effects....