Sign in to follow this  
bvaz

First reel

First off, let me just thank you for making your first reel "Tutorial-free". You've got some good work in there. I'd be surprised if you couldn't land a gig with this, or at the least an internship somewhere.

+1 for CargoCreative. Great way to bang out a quick website for yourself. Nice 'n clean.

Opa, fala Bernardo! Mais um brasileiro aqui! rsrs.

Cara, sou iniciante em motion design, mas minha opinião é q ficou um pouco longa. Vc tem uns trabalhos bem legais cara.

Sou de sp e estou começando a trabalhar como freelancer tb. Qquer coisa, fique a vontade pra me mandar msg pra conversar! é sempre bom conhecer brasileiros da área!

Abraço,

guilherme.

-----------------------

Sorry for the portuguese language! But it's not every time i can speak with someone here in portuguese. I was just saying that I thought his reel was a bit long, but I really liked it!

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

dotcommer, this is my first reel but i have some years of experience on my back to know that publishing a copy of a tutorial is just the worse thing you can do. And yeah, cargo is great, so easy to set up. I've been trying to make a website for myself for quite a while, and now it kinda got necessary to have one in order to look for new jobs, cargo just saved my ass!

gui, i agree that it is a bit long, i wanted it to be one minute long, but in the end, i decided that it was better to have a bit longer reel to show some diversity, the studios i'm trying to work with have such great quality work... i thought showing them i could different things would help me convince them i could help them in some way biggrin.gif. I'm from Belo Horizonte, but i'll probably move to São Paulo in some weeks, let's keep in touch! Nice to know someone from brazil in this forum!

Excellent first reel. The pacing feels a tad slow and I don't actually get a good feel for what you do. You have some great looking cinematography and lots of cool 3d stuff. So what is it that you do? Are you a 3d animator, color grader, cinematographer? My personal opinion is that you shouldn't be left with a question of what you specialize in or do by the end of your reel.

So what is it that you do? Are you a 3d animator, color grader, cinematographer?

I see what's your point, and i think maybe i've put less thought to it than i should... The thing is, i'm a fan of Massimo Vignelli's quote "If you can design one thing, you can design everything". Yes, everyone has their toolset of choice and their preferences but i'd like to think (or at least hope) of myself as an user of this tools and not as a technician that can do just a specific task. That way of working with different medium (despite most beeing not beeing too "distant") has kind of worked for me until now.

BUT, on the other hand, i'm about to move to another city with a bigger market, and for what i know, this places tend to be more sectored, and no one there knows me, so, perhaps leaving people with a doubt about what i'm able to do must be the same of giving them a piece of paper with my name written on it and say that's my reel.

Thanks for the input! Always good to know what's not good in our work, and it's hard for close people to do so sometimes. If in a week no one answers my e-mails i'll probably cut out some of this stuff. I've got some other critiques from people saying i've put too much stuff that looks too technical without any reason to be there (from a story telling point of view).