Sign in to follow this  
yocfe

super spot breakdown

hi there,

theres a video: http://vimeo.com/20156764. amazing skills and it seems pretty simple. my question is in 00.50, the "o" turns into a ball, i assume that is a texture with the displacement map affected by some kind of noise.

The problem is when I try to do that my sphere doesnt with the texture. I mean, the ball rolls but the "noise" created with the displacement map is not affected by the dynamics.

any solution?

thank you!

if i'm understanding the question, try using a displace deformer (as a child of the sphere) - did a super quick test on r12 here and it seemed to respect the displaced geometry w/o the need for baking.

Oh many thanks for the responses! now one last thing. in the 1:07, do you know how to get that effect? i cant figure it out if it is done using a displace deformer..

Edited by yocfe

I think that effect is more smoke and mirrors rather than the C actually turning into a ball. I would just scale the ball up quickly and scramsies that C when the time is right. If you frame by frame it, that's probably what they are doing, too.

for the explosion on 0:30:

the Geometry is broken into pieces with one of the usual suspects (thrausi, xplode, catastrophe, broken tasse, ...),

Dynamics added probably in a Fracture Object, and a Force working on the separate pieces (Attractor ? Wind ?).

The trails can be done with a Tracer and a SweepNurb,

but my guess is it's not real geometry, so i'd say a Hair Render Tag set to Trail (and a Hair Material to control the look)

no need for Particles.

d

awesome! and that T becoming a sort of "cactus" any thoughts? its easy using the displacement on a material but in that way doesn't affect at the dynamics, so...any solution?

Yocfe... how many question before you do some of the footwork yourself?

I'm all for people being curious... but why not concentrate on learning how to do 1 thing by yourself instead of copying 4 things somebody else did?

I'm not saying this to be mean. There's just something about this thread that seems really weird... "how do you do the part at :15", "how do you do the part at :30", "how do you do the part at :45"... and with no discussion or exploration between queries.

Am I crazy?

-m

haha no no, i dont think you are mean. im only in a certain point with c4d that everybody cause me a huge amount of curiosity and my knowledge is minimum, beginning to start. but you are totally right!

haha no no, i dont think you are mean. im only in a certain point with c4d that everybody cause me a huge amount of curiosity and my knowledge is minimum, beginning to start. but you are totally right!

That's very cool man. I'm glad you feel that way.

It's hard to watch somebody so hungry for knowledge that they try to devour a whole table of food at once.

Looking forward to seeing some of your studies.

-m

it does take some getting used to, knowing what to ask for and when and how to dose it, in this place.

always liked the fact that sooner or later somebody always steps in to remind people they're trespassing some undefined but obvious boundary.

that defends a standard and keeps this place from dumbing down.

also love the fact that, if responded to with the right attitude, humble, curious and constructive, this protective behavior rarely turns out to be hostile.

d