Sign in to follow this  
yocfe

Thinking particles issue

Hi fogs,

Im having my first steps with thinking particles, dont be evil:)

I have a scene where i have some metaballs falling as a cascade from a emitter. I have set two group of particles, and in my setup, when group1 collides with the plane which is the deflector instantly becomes group2 which has a follow position with an object in the sky. everything works fine. I want that group1 to keep rolling a few frames in the deflector and then make it "jump" to my object situated in the sky. Is there any way to achieve this behavior?

i hope i explained well the situation.

thanks!

It's a little hard without seeing the scene file so maybe upload it.

But you may want to have a third TP group in the middle so they fall, sit on the surface for a second then move into the third group with the Follow Position. You could do this by passing the particles into the second group and then using the Age node (on 'absolute' I think). Set the age to say 20 frames then into the third 'follow position' group.

Or you could use a cloner object to generate your particles, add physics to them and again just use the Age node to switch groups into the Follow Position behaviors.