Sign in to follow this  
CyanSeaHorse

Newbie needs some help

Hey all,

I'm super new to the world of C4d, but I've had a request from my brother for some help.

He needs me to create a 3d version of his weighted training vests (http://tinyurl.com/6k42s9y)

i was thinking it might be a simple matter of taking some photos of somebody actually wearing the vest, and using this to create the vest in c4d. However I have no idea where to start,

Would it be best to use splines (not sure if this is right) to kind of trace the lines of it, but then how would I apply materials? It has a great neoprene material which would look great if I could get some sort of bump mapping to work but then again, dont know where to start?

Any ideas?

I guess my goal is to animate this in after effects and have text annotations coming from the vest explaining its materials etc

Thanks

I'd start with some decent reference photos from front and side, then start with a cube and model it polygonally.

Use the knife set to loop mode and lots of polygonal extruding and some bridging.

It's a fairly simple model to build. The key is going to be in the texturing. You'll want to edit your UVs in bodypaint to get a good even surface.

I'd start with some decent reference photos from front and side, then start with a cube and model it polygonally.

Use the knife set to loop mode and lots of polygonal extruding and some bridging.

It's a fairly simple model to build. The key is going to be in the texturing. You'll want to edit your UVs in bodypaint to get a good even surface.

Hmm, this will take quite a bit of "googling" to try, thanks