Sign in to follow this  
garydumbill

Motion tracking

This is a cool video.

Good stuff.

I'm like the kinetic type aspect to it. I think it's really effective. For the most part the motion tracking is working really well.

However, I would simplify the movement of the infographics that are linked to the people. The motion is distracting. I might just have it slowly shift towards or away from them, but not follow their head movements so specifically.

Also I think having the iterations of the infographics that fade of is almost working, but I think it too could be simplified. It's just looking like a pile of stuff rather than interesting data.

I might try to keep the graphics less of the focal point and have the characters be more the focal point.

But everything else is great. This is me nit-pickin'

Great job.

Thanks,

See what you mean a bit. I think being mainly from a graphics background, makes you think they have to be fast moving and complicated looking. When they should possibly work more cohesively with the characters.

Glad you like it though!

Gary

I'd say my favorite parts were the shots where the camera is tracked to the guys' hands while they move the chess pieces around. It brings a sort of weight and importance to those chess moves which is really nice. The Tracking seemed well done, although I'd agree that the the head tracking was a little weird. There's a few points where the graphics add to the story (such as the heart rate stuff when they're getting stressed, and the graphics overlayed on the pictures of women who I assume they're wanting to get back to) but a lot of it seemed not as necessary and made it a bit repetitive which to me takes away from the graphics that did add to the story.

Over all, the video looks nice and has some good looking shots, and the graphics looks pretty, you just might want to cut them down a little bit so the really nice ones can really stand out.