Sign in to follow this  
oeuf

Battefield 3

I'm going to skull-fuck this game.

I played BF2 on the PC in 2005 religiously and would keep going back to it for a few years. Bad Company 2 has kept me happy last year, but - praise be to Allah - this looks fantastic. If they can keep the amazing gameplay features from BF2 and some new ones they've established in BC2, It should be great. Loved seeing Paris in there. So it's not all desert towns.

Most significantly from BC2 is more game types for MP than just "Domination" type. Especially Rush and Squad Rush. And for zoning out, just TDM is always fun for a hoot.

The main feature I would want to keep from BF2 that BC2 did NOT have is simulating MP with AI. In BF2 sometimes it was fun playing the MP game offline and just sandboxing with apache's and what not and not hearing your real life team bitch about why you're not helping or stole the APache to go practice flying. Which leads me to another request. In BF2, it was actually somewhat of a skill to fly the helicopters. Not flight simulator hard but halfway there. In BC2, a Bonobo could fly a chopper by screwing around with the sticks. I would want the flight controls hard again. It was a nice payoff to spend hours practicing heli flying then being able to use it well in a big mission.

I'm going to skull-fuck this game.

I played BF2 on the PC in 2005 religiously and would keep going back to it for a few years. Bad Company 2 has kept me happy last year, but - praise be to Allah - this looks fantastic. If they can keep the amazing gameplay features from BF2 and some new ones they've established in BC2, It should be great. Loved seeing Paris in there. So it's not all desert towns.

Most significantly from BC2 is more game types for MP than just "Domination" type. Especially Rush and Squad Rush. And for zoning out, just TDM is always fun for a hoot.

The main feature I would want to keep from BF2 that BC2 did NOT have is simulating MP with AI. In BF2 sometimes it was fun playing the MP game offline and just sandboxing with apache's and what not and not hearing your real life team bitch about why you're not helping or stole the APache to go practice flying. Which leads me to another request. In BF2, it was actually somewhat of a skill to fly the helicopters. Not flight simulator hard but halfway there. In BC2, a Bonobo could fly a chopper by screwing around with the sticks. I would want the flight controls hard again. It was a nice payoff to spend hours practicing heli flying then being able to use it well in a big mission.

Amen brother! I used to love BF2. Such an amazing game! The only downside was the hitboxes which from play BC2 seems like they were addresses. I am installing windows on my MBP for the sole purpose of playing BF3. We need to have some serious mograph.net game play and form a squad haha.

I am installing windows on my MBP for the sole purpose of playing BF3. We need to have some serious mograph.net game play and form a squad haha.

For sure. I've been playing a lot more console gaming in the last 2 years to play with friends. But I will have to get this for both PC and console. The PC version will support 64 players if i remember correctly) and if the graphics are good on a console, the PC will be Epic.

We need to have some serious mograph.net game play and form a squad haha.

I think we could get enough guys to fill a server... lets do it.

I still want to see how EA is going to distribute this game. They talk about pre-orders on Origin (their digital download platform). But I honestly want to get it through Steam.

Rolin where did you order it from?

...the PC will be Epic.

From what they've shown so far, def Game of the Year... unless ofcourse Valve decides to release Episode 3...

I think we could get enough guys to fill a server... lets do it.

I still want to see how EA is going to distribute this game. They talk about pre-orders on Origin (their digital download platform). But I honestly want to get it through Steam.

Rolin where did you order it from?

From what they've shown so far, def Game of the Year... unless ofcourse Valve decides to release Episode 3...

if your going to be on xbox lemme know

I'm on PC. Keyboard and mouse FO' LIFE! (for fps' anyway)

I feel you on that one. I tried for years to do FPS with console controllers on the Xbox and just could not get it. I grew up playing FPS since Wolfenstein3D in 92. So I could slaughter with a mouse then play like a small school girl on the Xbox. But then I got a PS3 and tried that cause all the film crew guys are on PS3 and I have to say the difference in the quality of the controller made a huge difference. So now after PS3'ing for almost 2 years, I'm *almost* as fast as key/mouse. That being said, on the PC you're using the latest vid cards and procs and playing with *generally* a higher class of gamer. Also I have 3 monitors so I get the surround vision which helps a lot to see more of your surroundings. PC is still by far the best experience hands down, *however* an old mouse/key dog like me did get used to the controller once I used the PS3 one. So I switch between console (not as good experience but lots of friends) to PC (Best quality and options by a mile but generally play alone....sniff).

I feel you on that one. I tried for years to do FPS with console controllers on the Xbox and just could not get it. I grew up playing FPS since Wolfenstein3D in 92. So I could slaughter with a mouse then play like a small school girl on the Xbox. But then I got a PS3 and tried that cause all the film crew guys are on PS3 and I have to say the difference in the quality of the controller made a huge difference. So now after PS3'ing for almost 2 years, I'm *almost* as fast as key/mouse. That being said, on the PC you're using the latest vid cards and procs and playing with *generally* a higher class of gamer. Also I have 3 monitors so I get the surround vision which helps a lot to see more of your surroundings. PC is still by far the best experience hands down, *however* an old mouse/key dog like me did get used to the controller once I used the PS3 one. So I switch between console (not as good experience but lots of friends) to PC (Best quality and options by a mile but generally play alone....sniff).

a true gamer can adapt to the controller. :D *nerd alert

a true gamer can adapt to the controller. :D *nerd alert

I did with the PS3 but the Xbox one is beyond me. I would have to have grown up as a young tween only using it to get over it's weird lag, massive dead zones, low resolution movements, and that special way you have to hit the D-pad arrows as not to trigger adjacents directions you didn't want. So maybe I'm not a true gamer :P

Im looking forward to a game that will finally end the Call of Duty craze, but what's really going to take over my life and put my priorities out of wack is Rage and Elder of Scrolls Skyrim, mostly Rage though.

Im looking forward to a game that will finally end the Call of Duty craze,

I don't think BF3 will put any kind of damper on COD in the same way Bad Company didn't dampen MW2. I think people acting like the are mutually exclusive is weird to me. They are nothing alike and serve two different gaming styles. BF3 is for a large scale adventure with teamwork. COD franchise is just about high speed arcade action and shit talking. I play both series and appreciate both aspects. COD is just mindless shooting while BF/Bad Company is more of a richer experience.

Guest Sao_Bento

"More realistic" - an odd thing to say while you show a guy slide a foot and a half when he stops running.

From the first trailer it looks like you can lay flat on the ground in BF3. Something you can't do in Battlefield Bad Company 2. That will help even out the odds against those damn snipers popping a round in my head when I'm crouching behind a low wall.

Beta is supposed to be due out this month.

I got to alpha test this and while they still need to work on alot of things, it was still pretty motherlovin' good.

And yeah, going prone is back... bout time.

Edited by oeuf

i'm still on level three of hello kitty's island adventure.

but i will join you guys on the battlefield soon enough.

I'm hoping there will be a Hello Kitty outfit for my BF3 character....I like to look cute when I plant my shotgun in someone's face.