Sign in to follow this  
Cutty Pastey

Burzynski Movie

OK - if you can get get past the design and mograph - there is a compelling and amazing story being told in this film.

It's available to watch for free on vimeo until the 20th - I highly suggest you do!

saw this on one of my conspiracy sites - and had it loaded to a tab before chrome took another shit

been too wrapped up in turntable.fm to go back, but now this is a push to check this out. Cancer is seriously big bucks in my city. the cancer research center is pimp architecture, and having not seen this movie yet, i can imagine that already there would be huge financial "losses" to curing C

incurable diseases suck

I had the day off today... I wasn't really in the mood to watch a "Cancer Movie" but I watched it anyway (because all my excuses were stupid). I'm really glad I did. I had no idea about Burzynski or his work. The paper trail leaves little doubt that the FDA and the National Cancer Institute are balls deep in corruption. But that's what happens when so much money is at stake. I also really liked the idea of using Netflix's voting system to propel the message of the movie. It's just the kind of absurdly small step that a lazy American can do to help make a change.

I have mentioned it before on this board, but I refuse to work for the Pharmaceutical Industry anymore... at least nobody as evil as Pfizer. When I first started animating nearly 7-8 years ago I had very little experience and I was making $100/hr (which is more than I even charge today). I couldn't believe my luck. It was only after I was able to see behind the curtain that I realized I wasn't lucky... I was simply on the inside of the the most powerful lobbying agent in the United States. It also came apparent that the money I was getting was not "their" money... it was the money they stole from the American people. Nobody around me seemed to care. They all had the "well I got mine" mentality. The older guys would simply justify taking the money because they had families to take care of, but it made me sick to my stomach just sitting at my desk. It bothered me so much I left and went freelance (which was probably the best move I've ever made).

Not everyone is in a privileged place to refuse work, but I mention it to remind people that you can actually influence the world with your work choices. Sooner or later somebody is going to offer you a dump-truck full of money for something you don't agree with. It's a good idea to think about it before it happens because when the time comes... almost nobody says no.

-m