Sign in to follow this  
Guest Headsquared

Pixel Stretching in AE

Guest Sao_Bento

>>Anyone know the AE plug-in or technique to create this effect.<<

Assuming you have AE Pro, use the Keylight keying plug in, go down to the bottom of the controls and play with the "source crops".

There are also some free plug-ins out there that do the same thing. Can't think of the name off the top of my head, but someone will come up with it. I'll also add the mandatory "this effect has been overdone" warning.

Edited by Sao_Bento

Guest Headsquared
Yeah, this is one of those hackneyed effects. It goes with the dripping deer group.

20619[/snapback]

Definitely won't disagree with that statement.

But if it solves a problem then that is all I care about.

Guest AMO

Who is Pete Warden? Man, this guy deserves his own brothel... He has some great effects that he should pimp out to his profit!

Guest SermonOfMockery

i think the plug sao_bento is thinking of is Raybeam? it is discontinued tho AFAIK... i may be wrong on both counts though :)

Guest govinda

All three methods do it I think, but I didn't like Raybeam. I haven't seen this effect in a year. Maybe we're doing some good in the world. I'm waiting for the Forest Service to get back to me on the declines in the vector deer population though.

Guest nextseason

The vector deer population is increasing as we speak. We are urging all vector hunters to go out and shoot as many of them as possible. It is for the good of the design environment.

It is also rumored that adobe is adding a "convert to vector deer" plug-in in the new Illustrator.

Guest Sao_Bento

>>i think the plug sao_bento is thinking of is Raybeam? it is discontinued tho AFAIK... i may be wrong on both counts though :)<<

You're right, Raybeam was the one I was thinking of. It pre-dated Pete Warden's stuff. As mentioned before, AE seems awfully picky about plug-ins these days - I know I can't run Pete's stuff without getting the notorius AbCon.

Guest Nhowe
I am pretty sure this is called 'scale wipe' from Final Effects.

20634[/snapback]

yeah scale wipe always works well... they also have radial scale wipe (ohhh ahhh)

its a stable plug in.