Sign in to follow this  
vector meldrew

Reel critique

Just wondered if anybody on here would be up for doing some critique on my forthcoming reel?

Really want to get it perfect and would appreciate any input from you guys rolleyes.gif

Asked the same question on twitter and had some good responses....

Just as a brief review on it, your work looks great though...

It seems a little too long, and the track just seems to be on loop. Maybe choose a different one?

I think you should consider cutting some of the duplicates and for those duplicates just pick the most impressive clips that hold those pieces as impressive.

on your Vimeo page you got some comments on your title card, I did the same thing, I say leave it (it's awesome) ... some old school guys might think it screams giant "newbie" to not include your contact info ... but I've been contacted, and I'm sure you will too. We'll see how it pans out.

agree on length, and the vimeo comments about the Bond sequence, if you cut it down I personally liked the shots including interface elements, not so much on the giant daniel craig face zooms.

hi-five.

on your Vimeo page you got some comments on your title card, I did the same thing, I say leave it (it's awesome) ... some old school guys might think it screams giant "newbie" to not include your contact info ...

I kind of like the idea of not putting contact details on, i mean 9/10 they are on a page with a link and it's more likely they are going to looking for info and click a button rather than looking at the text and then re-typing it into a browser/email message

intrigued by the way you think 'old school guys' might see it as a 'newbie' thing though.... as i wouldn't want to send that message to those guys....