Sign in to follow this  
spennyhatch

C4D v.12 Wavy Type Deformer?

Ok, so this is probably a very Noob question, but I'm still learning C4D so here goes.

I have some piano keys that i want to make into a sort of Wavy effect. So I have made some boxes, put in a cloner, and played around with a random effector to no avail. Here is a screen shot of my setup, and then another pic of what im trying to accomplish. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks!

Piano.jpg

And what im trying to do here:

Piano2.jpg

The formula effector is what you are looking for, a simple sin function should sort you out. Making the keys depress appropriately would be a little more complicated though. Probably a shader effector with an animated texture used to differentiate the keys. Maybe a movie of a midi file piano roll with a delay effector to ease the transition.

Actually, on second thought you might want to just use a spline effector on the cloner, that would be the easiest.

Edited by mshadis

wow, and your a Newbie? lol. I actually have played with the formula before but havnt really been able to sort it out. Any Idea on what type of function i could try or where i could find info on them? Reading C4D Help files now, so im TRYING to figure it out, lol. Thanks man!

Well like I said in my edit, you'll have an easier time with the spline effector applied to your clones. Draw a spline that is the approximate shape you want your keys in and then insert it into the effector's spline field. Then tweak.