Sign in to follow this  
nusferatu

new computer

Hi there i'm thinking on buying this computer, the purpose is for cinema 4D, after effects hard work render and modeling, animation and editing.

i think i'm going to change from one 27'' monitor to two of 24'' but i'd like advices on that also.

I've read also that the difference of core i7 to core i5 is praticly th same except the i7 have more 200 hertz of the i5, what is the better option?

About the the grafic card, this one is good, or do you sugest another one?

Processador INTEL Core i7 2600 - 3.40GHz 8MB LGA 1155

DIMM KINGSTON 4GB DDR3 1333 ECC - KVR1333D3E9S/4G

Disco Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA 7200RPM 32MB - ST31000524AS

DVD+/ -RW SAMSUNG 22X SATA Black Bulk

VGA ASUS RADEON HD6970 2Gb DDR5 HDMI DisplayPort - EAH6970

Monitor LG LED C/TV 27" FullHD HDMI USB - M2780D-PZ

Fonte Alim. CHIEFTEC 500W ATX EPS PFC fan14cm, CTG-500-80P

Caixa Cooler Master Mystique Steel Silver/Black-RC-632S-SKN2

Teclado NGS Multimédia slim Cinza/Branco USB -IVORY

thanks a lot

ok, but SSD Drive is for the system hard drive right?

I think it is a bit expensive cause 64 gb is about 100 EUROS.

What i forget to add to my description is that i was thinking to have instead of 2 TB of HARD DRIVE have about 1 Hard Drive of 1TBand 4 Hard Drives of 500 GB and add one of them to the system partition.

I know that SSD Drive is super fast, but also too expensive.

Even way thanks a lot for your reply.

I think you are right about the RAM i will add i think 24 GIG cause windows 7 can go up to 32 GIG'S in 64 BITS

Buy RAM. RAM, RAM, RAM, RAM, RAM.

In After Effects, every 2-3 GB of RAM you add increases your render speed 1x. So, your render will be roughly twice as fast with 8gb instead of 4gb, and three times faster with 12gb.

In terms of throwing in an SSD -- it makes the system more responsive, boot faster, and decreases loading times, but don't expect it to have much of an effect on your render time. Of all the upgrades I've been though, this is probably the one that affected my life the least -- though I know lots of people are swearing by them now.

Buy RAM. RAM, RAM, RAM, RAM, RAM.

In After Effects, every 2-3 GB of RAM you add increases your render speed 1x. So, your render will be roughly twice as fast with 8gb instead of 4gb, and three times faster with 12gb.

In terms of throwing in an SSD -- it makes the system more responsive, boot faster, and decreases loading times, but don't expect it to have much of an effect on your render time. Of all the upgrades I've been though, this is probably the one that affected my life the least -- though I know lots of people are swearing by them now.

yep....After Effects on a multi-core system needs a ton of RAM. Can't repeat it enough.

Where I work we have many workstations with 8-cores, Quadro video cards, Windows 7 64-bit, huge wacom tablets.....and 3 gigs of RAM......soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid.

They want faster systems so they are going to buy whole new machines instead of putting more RAM in the current workstations.......someone please shoot me :blink:

Sorry forum...had to get that off my chest to people who have a clue.

what about the grafic card is better the one i wanted, or do you sugest another one?

Another thing what is better the i7 2600 or the i5 2500 i was reading yesterday some foruns and reviews and some say that the i7 is almost perfect and others say that the i5 is better in relation quality price cause the is 2500 3.3Ghz and the i7 2600 é 3.4Ghz (just more 100 GHz) and the cache is cache of the i7 2600 is 8MB and the i5 2500 is 6MB.

cause the difference of the price is almost 120 € between both of them...

i can't really help you out with hardware specs too much but more ram is definitely good especially for after effects...and of course you want the best processor you can get for rendering (from ae and 3d software of choice). speaking from experience you will really get a lot of enjoyment from two monitors vs one. i'm working with two 24 inch screens and it is a little different (as devnull says) for about an hour. having a psd comp on one and palletes on the other is pretty sweet. other benefits are having tutorials open on one and practicing them on the other without having to switch windows every 10 seconds. plus you can make ultra wide desktop backgrounds!