Sign in to follow this  
vdubplate

Need help with Nick Campbell's Ligt kit pro

This is a bit of a noob question I'm sure.

I'm adding objects to the scene and when I do the images loaded into the color and alpha channel will not render.

Do i have to set something because the scene is using Global illumination?

There are texture files that are associated with the .c4d files that are the lights. When you drop the lights into your scene, they are looking for the GSGTextures folder, which comes with and is a part of Light Kit Pro. For the lights to find those textures you have to copy that GSGTextures folder into your "tex" folder that lives in your program/application folder for Cinema 4D. This is the filepath example from a Mac: Applications/MAXON/Cinema 4D R12/tex/GSGTextures

My problem was I was bringing my own files into the setup and when I clicked on color to load in my image it turned the material black instantly and wouldn't render out. Wonder if i have to move my own textures to that folder. I don't see why I should need to do that though

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Definitely drop me a line though the support tab on my site. I'm notsure what would make your textures all black, but I will help figure it out in support. I will post the result here too if when we figure it out. Thanks to everyone who jumped in and tried to help.

http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/support/

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by Nick Campbell