Sign in to follow this  
Xrossfader

Remove a ton of Points from object...

So I have a frame that was made in illustrator with very few points. Extruded it. Made it editable. Subdivided the cap to make a line in the middle of the frame. Pulled the inside points out on the Z to make a sharp bevel on a thin frame for a logo. My problem is that I have like a million points now and object has these weird lines that run along the frame... Does anyone know how I can optimize this object???

Points.png

Functions --> Optimize + the polygon reduction deformer + any of the poly modeling tools, of course. the lines are simply discontinuous shading artifacts, so adjust your phong tag angle threshold or manually break the phong based on edge selections.

Mylenium

Functions --> Optimize + the polygon reduction deformer + any of the poly modeling tools, of course. the lines are simply discontinuous shading artifacts, so adjust your phong tag angle threshold or manually break the phong based on edge selections.

Mylenium

You ROCK!