Sign in to follow this  
Mousel

Anyone using online render farms?

I'm curious if anyone here uses these services on a regular basis and if there are any tips/gotchas to look out for (besides the obvious test rendering and file-prep).

RenderRocket.com and RenderCore.com both seem legit and competitively priced.

Note: I'm using C4D R13 proprietary renderer and VRayforC4D (depending on the project).

Thanks.

I have used render rocket and render titan both on freelance and staff positions and think that both are pretty solid. The only thing that I would suggest is if it is a stable farm render to quicktimes instead of tiff or targas as the download time kills you in the end for a long sequence. Downloading 10,000 frames in multipass can suck in the long term and have a large delay. Have not used this recently and they may have a better option now.

Investigate the delivery format and if they zip for you for easy download... consider billing the client if possible and the option of buying another machine or two in the mid range for an option as you would always have the hardware in the long run for a small cost

Hey, thanks dudes.

I ended up going with RenderCore.com It was pretty easy to get set up and running, we'll see how it goes. I only have 300 frames + some OBJ buffers. Normally I budget enough time for rendering that I can stick to a single workstation, but this project required higher than normal AA settings and the deadline's Friday.

Cheers.