Sign in to follow this  
dahnny012

Beginning Kinetic Typographies

I started this hobby 3 months ago and i so far ive decided 6 videos

Heres my first video u can tell , i was just trying things out but some scenes i think were on point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKbK_4DLTks&feature=channel_video_title

My next video i learned how to flow effects transitions and everything a bit bitter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir0yoajAhms&feature=channel_video_title

Next one is a very simple one i made 2-3 hours for a girl leaving for college. Its very simple but i like how it flows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk8TqCpTR1s&feature=channel_video_title

This one i wouldnt consider a kinetic typography but its kinetic credits i tried to make the credits videos more interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9STeCyyINY&feature=channel_video_title

i've never been a big fan of this sort of stuff. however, i think it's a great way to practice and unless the final product was absolutely amazing i would most likely never let it see the light of day. take for example the (1st) c-lo green

video...it was horrible. actually, if you do a search for any kinetic type videos you're going to find a lot of slow paced, spinny camera, boring, movie dialogue crap. slapping text together at different angles and moving your camera all over it is visually unappealing. if you're just starting out with after effects then this style of animation is a great way to learn the tools and get some practice in timing etc etc.

i like the idea of the educational aspect of what you're doing in the physics/mass/volume animation. anything educational is awesome in my book! i would recommend that you go grab yourself a copy of "ease and wizz" if you want to make your camera moves and animated objects (for lack of a better term) more better. also, tighten up your keyframes inbetween moves and add some motion blur. faster moves with blur will add a lot to the overall look and feel.

i hope i'm not being too critical of your work. this is just my opinion and i don't want to discourage you. you definitely have the planning and preproduction stage figured out you just need to refine everything else.

finally, here is my all time favorite kinetic type video. i hope it inspires you to continue animating and strengthening your abilities:

Ya no sé qué hacer conmigo

It could mean one of many things.

It's difficult for someone to do this as a hobby and post on this forum— a professional motion graphics forum. There are many rules in the world of graphic design, you may have broken every single one of them amongst your posted videos.

I by no means wish to discourage you. You have a lot to learn when it comes to design, typography, timing, animation, colour.. This is something that never stops for anyone in the design world, so do not be discouraged.

Check this link for some books to help this process along..

Hmmm It probably feels like a lot of negativity is going your way here but don't feel put down by it, keep at it and a hobby will turn into a profession if you put a lot of effort in. As ConstantMotion said, you need to work on basic design/typography/colour skills - I would recommend that you do this before you animate anything at all (I know it probably seems like the fun part if that's what you enjoy doing but to get results you need to start at the beginning) and ask people advice about how to improve your basic design skills rather than churn out an animation.

Recently, I've been enjoying reading this guys blog http://www.donewellissomuchbetter.com/ - He has started out not too long ago learning design principles from a book and posting his results (and requesting others submit theirs too) I think you would benefit from this approach as you would gain a lot of knowledge and get the feedback you require from people who understand the stage that you are at as a designer and hopefully grow alongside them.

Good Luck :)

Hmmm It probably feels like a lot of negativity is going your way here but don't feel put down by it, keep at it and a hobby will turn into a profession if you put a lot of effort in. As ConstantMotion said, you need to work on basic design/typography/colour skills - I would recommend that you do this before you animate anything at all (I know it probably seems like the fun part if that's what you enjoy doing but to get results you need to start at the beginning) and ask people advice about how to improve your basic design skills rather than churn out an animation.

Recently, I've been enjoying reading this guys blog http://www.donewellissomuchbetter.com/ - He has started out not too long ago learning design principles from a book and posting his results (and requesting others submit theirs too) I think you would benefit from this approach as you would gain a lot of knowledge and get the feedback you require from people who understand the stage that you are at as a designer and hopefully grow alongside them.

Good Luck :)

What JohnnyB said... it's impressive that you've churned out a few animations already, demonstrates your understanding/interest in the software. Keep working on your design and animation principles and you'll definitely improve. Also learn those rules and see how far you can bend/break them too, who knows man you could just bring something fresh to the community :D

i neither love it nor hate it. sorry dude. try some "ease and wizz" with some motion blur and practice manually easing your camera keyframes cause right now they're pretty hard.

thanks i just downloaded this , i will practice it , thanks for the help :D