Sign in to follow this  
edrhine

SThinking Particle Groups connected by Tracers in C4D

So I am running into a roadblock of how to connect objects in C4D 12/13. My basic animation is a scream head of mograph clones and I want to create a series of TP's on a selected series of polys on the bottom of the neck and create a series of TP on the ground surface and then connect them with a tracer to be able to have them dynamically linked to the movement of the head.

Also having problems working in R13 and exploding the polys of an object into individual polys. I did this once before but creating it again I am stuck

Any thoughts would be awesome

I'm a little lost on the specifics of what you're trying to do, but here's some general places to look.

I want to create a series of TP's on a selected series of polys on the bottom of the neck and create a series of TP on the ground surface...

Use PMatterwaves to generate your TP. There's an Object field and a Selection field you can use to have particles come out of your neck selection (unless I'm misunderstanding what you want to do here). Have a second particle group birthed from the ground surface.

...and then connect them with a tracer to be able to have them dynamically linked to the movement of the head.

Should be able to stick both particle groups into the Tracer Object and select "Connect Elements" or something like that. Will take some experimenting.

...Also having problems working in R13 and exploding the polys of an object into individual polys. I did this once before but creating it again I am stuck

ExplosionFX deformer?

thanks Beau+++, good advice as always. I will do some experimenting and write up what works. Some clarification now that I have had some sleep.

For the first part I have figured out how to create the TP on the geometry and now working on the Tracer. Basically imagine a TP group floating in the air and another attached to the ground plane. Then have them connected with Tracer Object to create a tech feeling spider web effect. Think I am getting close on this.

The second part I am still stuck on. I basically want to take a model of a human head and break all the polys apart into individual objects. So for simplicity sake, lets say the head is 20 polys, it would be turned into 20 objects. Then I am going to clone them onto the original model with object and edge mode to create a slightly distorted face model that can react to mograph effectors.

I have done this before, but have a massive headache figuring it out again and in R13.

Thoughts?

The second part I am still stuck on. I basically want to take a model of a human head and break all the polys apart into individual objects. So for simplicity sake, lets say the head is 20 polys, it would be turned into 20 objects. Then I am going to clone them onto the original model with object and edge mode to create a slightly distorted face model that can react to mograph effectors.

I have done this before, but have a massive headache figuring it out again and in R13.

Thoughts?

- Make sure your head object is editable.

- Select all polys. Functions->Disconnect. Uncheck Preserve Groups.

- Toss the head object into a Fracture Object.

- In the Fracture Object change the mode to Explode Segments.

- With the Fracture Object still selected, go to the Objects menu (the one in your Object Manager) and select Current State to Object.

- Now you'll have a Null with each poly as a separate object as a child.

Hope that helps.