Sign in to follow this  
John816

Can I use image of iPad in my commercial?

Can I use the likeness of an iPad in a commercial for tv or web?

I want to make a promo for an iPad app and was planning to purchase a 3D model of an iPad and animate away.

Crazy thing is I'm not really sure about the legality of it all. I never ran into this issue before.

The model shows an accurate depiction of the iPad, complete with Apple logo and all that.

Can I do this?

No unless you get permission from apple. Easiest way for you to do it would be remove the apple logo and remove the little square button symbol on the front and you should be 100% legal.

I'm sure butler is technically correct, but app developers use images of ipad/iphone in their web spots all the time, and I know for a fact that on the ones I've worked on apple wasn't asked for permission. Somehow I don't think it would be good business for apple to go after legit app developers who were trying to advertise their products and chances this would happen seem really slim (unless you do some thing dumb in the spot that apple might feel reflects badly on their brand).

But yeah if you want to follow the absolute letter of the law you would need permission.