Sign in to follow this  
rkthndr

deleting missing plugin references from scene

Hello all,

I'm having net render issues stemming from a phantom plugin in my scene.

I didn't personally add any plugins, but there may have been one in a model/scene i merged into the project. Regardless, I don't have any plugins on my system, so I get the following error when I open the project.

Several plugins used in this scene are missing.

Saving may cause loss of plugin data!

Plugin 'Group' (ID 1016210)

It doesn't seem to effect my scene as long as I'm rendering on my machine alone. However, it gets in the way in Net Render (net render won't even begin rendering the scene on any machine).

I don't know of anyway to locate which objects in my scene may be making reference to said plugin. I'm assuming deleting that reference will get me good to go, much like deleting or replacing a missing texture.

Anyone have any tips? I'm desperately trying to get this scene rendering as it's a bit of a beast and want to waste as little time as possible to get it going.

thanks!

Ryan Kehn

The first thing to do is to create a log of your scene and check to see if it tells you which plugin is missing.

Once you've worked that out you can use the composition flowchart to go backwards through comps and find the culprit.

The first thing to do is to create a log of your scene and check to see if it tells you which plugin is missing.

Once you've worked that out you can use the composition flowchart to go backwards through comps and find the culprit.

That would work for After Effects - not sure how you'd go about it in Cinema 4D