Sign in to follow this  
FlipSwitch

Freelance Holds...

How do you guys handle your freelance holds on gigs? In my experience almost every time I was put on hold for a job I ended up booking it and I had no other competing offers at the time... recently I was put on hold for a job with a low rate... i was just asked to hold the same dates for my top rate/ great client as well... obviously I am not turning down the later but was wondering how any of you handle this in a professional way, I never like to burn bridges... how should i word this in an email and look professional... looking forward to hearing your responses

This has been discussed a lot before in the past -- a lot of the discussion has been collected here.

It's funny, I've actually never heard of a hold being placed on anyone I know in Canada. The topic comes up a lot here, though, so I'm assuming it's way more common in the US. That, or people are just quiet about it. Then again, it's not like anyone in Vancouver discusses anything -- we're probably the least social media community in the world :P

(... anyone want to start Mograph Vancouver?)

I would, but I'm leaving in a couple of months.

You'd think with all the VFS grads something like that would have popped up by now. I guess there's just not enough mograph work in the city to justify it, it's really more of a VFX town.

I did hear that a vancouver C4D group just popped up a few months ago though, you might want to check that out.