Sign in to follow this  
rocketpanda

Rocketpanda 2012 reel!

Really great showreel!

The editing and flow held my attention all the way through and showed a very wide breadth of great work. The only criticism I have would be to lose the Turkcell 3D character animations. I feel it is one of the weaker pieces and it definitely doesn't stand out as much as your other work. Also, the reel is a bit long. I personally enjoyed that but from a critical perspective there was a lot of repetition with some of the 2D animations towards the end. I think if you cut out some of the weaker shots that repeat towards the end you could create a very engaging reel that keeps the viewers attention all the way through leaving them wanting more.

Glad your not my competition here in Chicago :)

Edited by joedonaldson

Really great showreel!

The editing and flow held my attention all the way through and showed a very wide breadth of great work. The only criticism I have would be to lose the Turkcell 3D character animations. I feel it is one of the weaker pieces and it definitely doesn't stand out as much as your other work. Also, the reel is a bit long. I personally enjoyed that but from a critical perspective there was a lot of repetition with some of the 2D animations towards the end. I think if you cut out some of the weaker shots that repeat towards the end you could create a very engaging reel that keeps the viewers attention all the way through leaving them wanting more.

Glad your not my competition here in Chicago :)

Thanks Joe, very appreciated! :)

I love when people give also "negative but constructive" feedback, helps improving :)

Yeah, about Turkcell, I know, it's nothing great, if you look at the complete animation it passed through three different animatiors... a bit incongruent.

The shots in my reel are mine, of course, but it was almost the first animation I did in Maya, felt proud of it, yet, if I look at it now, it feels too stiff.

About the length, yup, maybe you're right, I should have kept it shorter, maybe in the next reel I'll adopt the one minute rule ;)

LOL, yeap, I'll stay here in Italy for a while, don't worry... by now! :D

Yeah, really cool stuff man!

didnt even notice it was longer than it was meant to be. Kept my attention all the way through. Really well done stuff.