Sign in to follow this  
PeterJohn

Cinema 4D fps

i think i read somewhere that you can use an xref to increase the fps by another 500. so if you set your initial project to 500 then load it in an xref and set that doc to 500 it will render at 1000. don't hold me to that because i haven't tried it...i just heard that somewhere a long time ago...or maybe i'm imagining it!

A possible workaround for this might be to use 300 fps, make the animation sync, then multiply the document time with .2. Then you render out, and retime it. Never tried, but could work.

Are you using dynamics? If so, you'll want to calculate the percentage of time being stretched/slowed down and adjust that in your project settings (dynamics tab).

Example: Let's say the production's Base frame rate is 30fps (this is the frame rate all footage will be played back at, regardless of how many frames were captured per second). At a Capture frame rate of 1500fps, one second of real world time would yield 50 seconds of recorded footage (1500 frames played back at 30 fps = 50 seconds).

Now, rarely will a shot live for 50 seconds in the cut. If you were to set up C4D at a Capture (render) frame rate of 1500, and the shot only lasts for 3 seconds in the cut (90 frames), you'd have needlessly rendered 1410 frames. So, in our example, if we're slowing down real world time by a ratio of 50:1 (50 secs of recorded footage for every second of real world time) then we need C4D simulate dynamics on a time scale relative to that ratio as well. If 1 second equals 30 frames at 100% time scale then 1 second should equal 1500 frames at 2% time scale.