Sign in to follow this  
mshadis

C4D: Distribute Clones Using the Shader Effector?

Seems like there would be an easy way to assign a gradient to a Shader Effector that is assigned to a cloner set to Object mode and then distribute said clones relative to the gradient such that the dark areas don't allow clones but the light ones do.

Setting the Shader Effector to visibility kinda works but it is too hard to control as it always cuts off at 50% gray so you have to use turbulence which causes other problems. Seems like this should be relatively simple but I can't seem to make it happen! All the best, thanks!

Thing is, with that it still cuts off, just at a value other than 50% gray. I think I wasn't as clear as I should have been in my OP. What I ultimately want is to have a square plane with clones on a surface distribution. I want these clones to be distributed such that the corners have a higher amount of clones relative to the center with a smooth gradation between. Something that a 2D Box gradient would be able to abstract. Maybe the shader effector isn't the way to do this. Seems like it should be possible but I can't seem to figure it. Thanks for your help!