Sign in to follow this  
kpetersen

Dynamics Collision Node with Cloner/TP

Hi there,

my very first post here, so please be gentle with me :)

I've been looking into Tim Clapham's tutorial Thinking Particles from Dynamic Collisions (link). I wanted to further develop this technique and apply it to a TP emitter (hooked up via a Matrix object).

Now, my problem is that not all objects emits in the collision process, only some. And all of them stop emitting after a few frames. Save for one that emits throughout the animation. I've tried to wire it up via the Dynamics Body Node, but can't seem to feed in the right values (or ports) to the Dynamics Collision Node.

My guess is that I haven't fed the right amount of data into the object port.

Anyone care to take a look at the scenefile and point me in the right direction? I would appreciate it.

Scenefile

Cheers,

Kim

Reviving this old thread:

Douwe, perhaps you have an idea on how to output a boolean (for linking to the PDie node) value from the dynamic collision node. I want to have PDie affect the particles/clones that have triggered a collision. I.e. the Initial group.

I've tried using a compare node from the count port, but that seems to kill all particles instead of the ones that have collided.

Got any clues?

Cheers,

Kim