Sign in to follow this  
Tim Porter

Tim's Reel 2012

Hi Tim,

I thought the reel was a bit too long. Didn't have the audio on, so can't really comment on it..

The standard of work though is really high, I particularly enjoyed the HUD sections as they stood out to me in terms of quality. The design, tracking and comp work came together nicely.

You could probably cut the intro down so it's much snappier.. I liked the concept but it drags a little as soon as we see the keyboard and C64 prompt, I didn't think there was enough room in the gag for the screen time.

Overall - high quality work, definitely some trimming required. Thanks for sharing!

Are you the man responsible for the ceebeebies animations? I've always liked the style of them!

Many thanks for the feedback Dan,

I took a sneaky peak at your showreel and was very impressed, the quality and flow is extremely professional.

To answer your question, yes and no. I was brought on to do 3 new idents for cbeebies based on the style of the original cbeebies idents which someone else in the BBC had created. It was a very enjoyable project, coming up with new concepts based around this style.

I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Tim

Yeah, Loved the Hud sections, and the tracking shot in the Library. More of that!

some of the 3d text wasnt composited too well. Need more grain and overlaying lens flare to match the background footage.

and LOT shorter. Unless you where responsible for the filming of all those shots, you really dont need to show that you can do 3d text more than 2 times, maybe 3 tops. Unless there is something really unique about it.

GSG alwasy goes on about it being no longer than a minute, but it think its trending to the 40 second mark now :D