Sign in to follow this  
butler

Attach a cloth to another cloth in Cinema 4D?

So I am trying to basically patch a specific part of a cloth I guess would be the easiest way to describe it.

I have a cloth that I want parented to another cloth. So if the parent cloth moves a little in the specific area the child cloth is the child cloth would move basically in the same position as the parent is. Kind of how a patch is on a piece of clothing or a sticker on a piece of clothing.

Is this possible to do in c4d? anyone know?

Thanks

Butler

Sure that you really need Cloth Dynamics on the patch ?

If not, you want to check out the Surface Deformer

This deformer is used to make an object shape follow the surface deformations of another object. It can be used, for example, to quickly attach stitches to a cloth that is being deformed by the Cloth tag, making the stitches follow the cloth deformation, without actually including them into the cloth calculation.

d

You belt your second cloth to the first.

Cheers

Lennart

thats unfortunately my only choice that I am I guess going to have to go with. I really isn't working the way I would like it to but maybe I can screw around with it longer and find belt setting to make it work.