Sign in to follow this  
bobmarker

C4D R13 Plugin Not Working with After Effects CS5.5

Hopefully someone here can point me to the obvious that I hope I'm overlooking.

For some reason I cannot get the C4D plugin to work on my main monster computer. I have been able to install it as part of a trouble shooting venture on 3 other computers (old laptops, etc.), and everything works just fine. But for some reason, I cannot get AE to import the AEC file C4D creates. I have the latest R13 plugin from here http://www.maxon.net/downloads/updates/plugins.html working on CS5.5 on Windows 7.

I have searched around online and haven't seen anyone else with the problem. And since was able to get it to work on 3 other temp. installs, I'm left to conclude that it's my computer or something with my AE install.

I have uninstalled all of CS5.5 and reinstalled it, but to no avail. Any other suggestions?

I know for a fact I am installing the plugins in the correct folders as I have it working on other computers AND the new After Effects "Export to C4D" works just fine. The one that doesn't work is the import AEC file from inside AE that wont' do anything.

I click the AEC file to open, AE acts as if it's opening it and then does nothing. It doesn't add any comps, cams, sequences, or anything else that it's supposed from my multi-pass render.

Check that you do not have another version of the plugin installed anywhere (in the Ae plugins or in mediacore, user folder etc). If there are more than one instance of the plugin installed it will not work.

cheers

Tim

Check that you do not have another version of the plugin installed anywhere (in the Ae plugins or in mediacore, user folder etc). If there are more than one instance of the plugin installed it will not work.

cheers

Tim

That was it, Tim. Thanks! There was an old version of the plugin sitting in the commons folder. No idea how it got there, but it was the culprit. I deleted that and now the plugin works as expected.