Sign in to follow this  
Lab 316

New to C4D Alpha Channels - need help

I'm using C4D R13, and am just starting out with this great world of 3D. I'm quickly running into a problem.

Here's the is screenshot: http://cl.ly/2B3i2B3f0r432f0o1l3N

I can't figure out out to just get the iPhone as the only object on the alpha channel, while keeping the floor reflections, so I can put text behind the phone. I'm working in After Effects to composite.

In the picture you can see that It's exporting the floor as well.

How can i export the iPhone object as the only object on the alpha channel but retain the floor and reflections?

How can i export the iPhone object as the only object on the alpha channel but retain the floor and reflections?

hopefully you can see the error in logic in this question. like asking "can i get a cream filled donut without the cream?".

welcome to the world of 3d. first thing to learn is how to ask questions (read your post and fix all errors in grammar and punctuation - makes it easier for us who speak & write properly to give a shit). second thing to learn is how to type those questions in the google search box. now you own the world. git'r done.

Edited by killkillakillyo

Check Greyscalegorilla. Mr. Campbell has a rather comprehensive tutorial on the powers of the compositing tag there...

Mylenium