Sign in to follow this  
edrhine

Nuke 3D cam data to C4D

I am learning Nuke and having some issues exporting FBX into C4D R12/13 and having the camera tracking match exactly. Just wondering what solutions/methods some of you might have out there as any thoughts on the process would be great. I searched and found steadyCHAN but that appears to be down from the TCAStudios sites. Would anyone happen to have that that they could send me. Thanks!

Hi, I'm sorry I can't maintain some of the scripts I had for dload at my site for a while.

I.e. SteadyCHAN was a fix for the then defunct FBX (Nuke<->Cinema).

As that has been working for a while and I'm not using Nuke, that is the reason.

Also, please anyone, as clearly stated in the included readme's of anything by me,

any re distribution is not allowed.

Cheers

Lennart

Hi,

I wrote a python script to import from C4D to Nuke..

http://www.nukepedia.com/python-scripts/import-export/c4dautocomp/

I never tried the opposite direction but basically there it starts with just a few expression from the imported camera to a new one.

Axes are wrong so you have to add expressions to make it right. If you know Xpresso you could try the opposite of this :

cam2['rotate'].setExpression("cam1.rotate.z",0)

cam2['rotate'].setExpression("(cam1.rotate.y)-90",1)

cam2['rotate'].setExpression("-(cam1.rotate.x)",2)

cam2['translate'].copyAnimations(cam1['translate'].animations())

I'll try to have a look in the next days.

Lennart--- No worries, appreciate all the hard work you put out there. Sorry about the redistribution thing.... do not have the read me so did not know about it. If the FBX is working ok then I guess it's not as important.

Wysee-- That would be sick and I have taken look at your script already. Pretty cool. I know some xpresso, but not any python really

Thanks all