Sign in to follow this  
displaced

White GI 3D animations

I am looking for videos that show that white Global Illumination look (usually at the beginning of a project for lighting tests). There are some good examples out there, some that fade from the white to full color, I just can't seem to find them!

This is a similar example (though this doesn't fade to color):

http://www.zhestkov.com/

(Gorgeous work!!)

This is for a architecture/engineering project, doesn't need to be quite this cinematic.

Thanks!

you pretty much explained it in your question. Its just GI with white materials.

you need a plane or something with like 500% brightness in the luminance channel to illuminate and thats about all you ca do tutorial wise.

you can add some ambient occlusion too, but thats really it.

Then it just comes down to light source positioning and camera angles.

Right, I am quite familiar with renderings/animations, looking for creative examples that go from white to something else. We've all seen examples, just trying to find some good ones if people have some links handy (I can't, for the life of me, find them).

This is for inspiration, we will be doing something like that for a current project.

Thanks!

i remember this superfad animation that had a white egg fall and hit the ground and bunch of paint came out as i remember, and also there was some RE;MAP work done on a head model where they mapped on a matching photo of a face - it was one of their self created pieces

its not a reference, but it could be cool to do that watercolor write-on gag, but having those watercolor matte cards matching the pos and rot of nulls you placed around the world...