Sign in to follow this  
dreamplayhouse

Need some advice on CG/2d Tree animation and resources

I am trying to figure out how I can incorporate a tree branch wrapping around someone's legs. What's the easiest way to do this? do I build a tree branch in C4d, add bones, animate but how do I incorporate this into a video clip? How do they do it so something created in 3d looks like it wraps around someone? Can I open the video in C4d and overlay the branch there? Or do I need some specialized program to combine live footage with 3d? My tools are Premiere 5, After Effects 5 and Cinema 4D 10, Photoshop 5.

I'm also looking for commercials, short films, music videos where there are animated trees/branches - any of you know of such videos?

Thanks

It's called rotomation. You create a 3D representantion of the real thing, animate it to match your life plate, then add whatever fancy stuff you plan on doing with it. Then you simply render it like any other 3D while defining your dummys as matte objects so they don't show up in the render...

Mylenium

You can do it all with C4D nd AE.. Myleniums right.. as in you make a 3d representation (the leg) animate it so it mimics the leg inside the footage you have, and animate the branches nd stuff around it. then you just composite it all together. I've never opened a video per say in c4d i've always used 3ds max for that but i would assume the answers is yes and isn't far from a google search away. the incorporating it into the video is really in the composite and your gonna wanna really look at the details to pull it off like matching the lighting and adding the grain and stuff, hope that helps

This is a basic compositing thing and depends on your shot. If its a locked down shot then just import the clip as a background into C4D and match the camera through on set measurements or visually. If you can still shoot it look at a new free Autodesk program called Photofly... now 123D I think. It takes stills and extracts the geometry to give you a projected mesh of your subject. If the talent is moving though, its a tracking job and syntheyes or any other tracker will give you the info you need.