Sign in to follow this  
joedonaldson

PenMoto great idea for Wacom users

Guest Sao_Bento

I guess I don't get it. I think that just taking the time to learn to type while holding the stylus is probably easier (and cheaper) than learning how to use that thing. I can type just fine holding the stylus between my thumb and forefinger (think a relaxed version of the way your hand would be on a bike handlebar). In fact, I'm typing this while holding my stylus right now!! Maybe I'll join the video-tutorial-mania and make a video about how to do it.

I guess I don't get it. I think that just taking the time to learn to type while holding the stylus is probably easier (and cheaper) than learning how to use that thing. I can type just fine holding the stylus between my thumb and forefinger (think a relaxed version of the way your hand would be on a bike handlebar). In fact, I'm typing this while holding my stylus right now!! Maybe I'll join the video-tutorial-mania and make a video about how to do it.

I think I need to see that tutorial:)

I guess the [media] tag doesn't like blip for some reason. Here's a link:

http://blip.tv/sao-b...-stylus-5924257

Haha. Damnit, I was hoping for a vid that would be laden with more sarcasm.

But yeah, I do the same. More power to the guy with the Wacom ring, i guess I can see the niche market.

On a similar note, remember in high school when all the kids were flipping their pens like that? (potentially showing my age here but whatever, i got no "innanet rep" anyway:)

Guest Sao_Bento

Sorry, too busy to interject any commentary - although I was tempted to reference a couple of "mograph classic" moments.

A kid at my school was like the Yngwie Malmsteen of pen twirling.

The PenMoto just came in the mail and I have to say it is pretty convenient. It was a little hard to get the hang of at first and I was a bit skeptical but so far so good. It definitely has been proving itself useful.

I almost backed this project but backed out in the last second. I'd personally would love to see a light weight aluminum pen from Wacom. I once had a Wacom pen break in my hand while at a studio.

Am I the only one who goes into a slight panic, frantically trying to find my misplaced pen every 3 minutes?

I have the bad habit of walking around office with the pen in my hand and almost every time i end up leaving it on a colleagues desk or even in the kitchen. I definitely need a beeper or even a gps tracker built into it. (Once i am rich and famous i'll hire a personal assistant who's responsible for the damn thing)

Edited by levante

I have been using the PenMoto for a few weeks now and it is terrific. At first I felt like I was mentally handicapped because I couldn't seem to get the hang of it but after a few days I got the hang of it. I definitely recommend it to anyone interested.