Sign in to follow this  
RustyAce

save object sequence from c4d

So i have been searching and everything i find are old plugins and scripts, which make me think there should be a way to do this naively in the current version, but i have had no luck finding it.

ex. I have a flag animation, bake the animation and i need to save out a sequence of .obj files, so frame 1 is 1.obj frame 2 is 2.obj etc.

how do i do this without going frame by frame to save a new obj file?

any help would be appreciated.

Edited by RustyAce

Hey RustyAce, not sure if you own the AE plugin 'Plexus' but if you do you can get a free obj exporter. If not I believe they are selling it for $9.99. I have not used it before but came across the site: http://aescripts.com...porter-for-c4d/ There might be another way? Surprised there is not a free plugin somewhere for this

Edited by dbrodi

yeah i came across that too but i noticed it was only updated last year and i was wondering if i was overlooking a built in feature of c4d r13 that maya and max both have had built in for a while. Thanks though, plus i'm in a pretty corporate environment so buying something takes much longer than it should. :(

also that script does not export the UVs..need those

Edited by RustyAce

You can bake out .c4d sequences with steadyBAKE, perhaps there is a batch converter from C4D to OBJ. Anyway:

Easier would be to bake an MDD sequence. There are MDD export/import plugins for both Cinema and Maya.

Go fish!