Sign in to follow this  
kenpimentel

Bidirectional workflow between 3ds Max and After Effects

Ken, we appreciate your updates, but would it be possible to actually illustrate some of this stuff to us mere mortals? Most mographers still use C4D and without actually knowing what you are talking about it will be hard to actualyl gauge your efforts much less convince anyone to use MAX...

Mylenium

There's a vid in that link showing how it works.

To the C4D people here, it's just like spitting out an AEC file for AE, only in Max's case it looks to be a link between the AE and 3D projects. Looks like you can spit out nulls and camera for AE just like Cinema can do, one of the big difference is though, is that you can make changes to say a null in AE and spit that back to Max, all using a handy looking UI, and it'll update. The back and forth between the programs, looks pretty interesting. Maxon, are you paying attention?

I moved over to Cinema from Max a while ago, and even though I haven't touched Max since R9, I kinda miss it. It's still got alot of features that Cinema still doesn't have. However in Cinema's defense, they are growing by leaps and bounds. All the support by scripts, plugins and third parties reminds me of Max in it's hey day (at least for me).

didnt maxon release a bidirectional plugin for c4d AE as well. i swear i saw a post about it. I still havent tried it ( i only do compositing in AE). But im pretty sure its out there.

We've been working hard to improve the workflow between 3ds Max and After Effects. Adobe has been helping us, and I think we've developed something pretty compelling, let us know what you think.

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/ken/...s_ge ts_better

Looking good Ken -- is the .sof filetype an Autodesk - Adobe thing or could this be something implemented in say Nuke?

Edited by etown