Sign in to follow this  
Spunj

Trapcode Particular not 3D when pre-comped?

I have made a few layers of solids with trapcode particular applied. These layers were precomped so I can reuse it in many comps and I only have to change settings in the precomp to affect all the comps this precomp is in. However it seems that even though I collapse the precomp, it's a flat layer and particular in the precomp doesn't work with the camera in the main comps. I feel I must be doing something wrong, or does particular only use cameras that are in the same comp as the effect?

-Spunj

Although that is a very helpful script (thanks!) my problem is that when my particular(solid) layers are precomposed, the camera doesn't affect the particles, whether collapse transformations on the precomp is on or not.

-Spunj

collapse wont work, the layer itself would need the 3D button checked, so for plugins like trapcode particular that have a "use comp camera" wont work with the collapse transformation.

An alternative if your just looking to change particular settings throughout multiple comps would be to use expressions to parent all the settings to one particular layer in a different comp. And when you need to make changes to particular in all your comps, edit that one particular layer. (since all parameters are linked)

check it. cs5.5 though. hope you have it.

http://www.monolithc..._particular.aep

i put an expression on the main comps camera that referenced the precomped camera. not sure if you could get the main cam to pull data from multiple comp cameras though. maybe. would be worth further investigation.

Edited by thekinginyellow

i saved it to cs5:

http://www.monolithcreative.com/sandbox/comped_particular_cs5.aep

in the precomp i have a solid with particular and a camera. on the camera i have an expression on the position and point of interest.

comp("MainComp").activeCamera.pointOfInterest

comp("MainComp").activeCamera.position

then in the "MainComp" i have the camera and the precomps.i hope that makes sense. so, all the precomp's cameras are linked to the main comps camera.