Sign in to follow this  
chepetusa

Just another Reel

Hey there i see a lot, of reels, thats the reason of the name, i wanted to share our work in Guatemala, hope to hear critics and feedback.

Cheers.

Edited by chepetusa

http://vimeo.com/37520983

There ya go.

Good stuff man. If i had to critique, i'd say you have some weird edit cuts in there. Some things I wanted to see more of and others I felt I saw too much of. I see that it's edited to cues in the audio, but you should take a look where some things could go longer or shorter.

Edited by oeuf

Cool man. I like Guatemala. I am from Nicaragua, but now I work in Atlanta in the USA. Good reel. Lot's of stuff. I think the intro is too long but it's the best part. I would kill the spheres and noise spheres ... that stuff is feeling very greyscale gorilla to me.

With regards to the character animation in the beginning, it's always a good idea to watch your reel without sound, as that is how many (most) people will be watching it. It's good to express a sense of pacing by editing to the music, but you can't be reliant on it.

nice work, i like your AE work as well as your 3D stuff, nice to see. the little 2D characters at the beginning are rad man

i love guatemala also, beautiful country and i swear some of the nicest people in the world. are you in the capital or antigua, and you didnt happen to be at that first metallica concert ever in guate a couple of yrs ago? that was awesome, i wish i had a decent camera phone, would have been a great short film i was thinking as i got super drunk and full on street beers and street tacos on that road leading the stadium. i had to mention that, one of the best memories of my life

cheers man