Sign in to follow this  
Final_Step

Question: Cloth body+ Rigid body (The collision doesn't work) *C4D*

Hello guys,

I'm relatively new to C4D and 3D in general. I have been experimenting with dynamics pretty much a lot... I made this little test:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44678205/Cloth.mov

And faced a very unexpected problem. As you can probably guess I'm speaking about the separation of the cloth and the ring. I tried to use some of the techniques Nick or Chris showed in their tuts but it didn't work. Please let me know if you have any solution for it!

Kind regards,

Daniel.

The problem is fixed, It can't work with the rigid body tag as far as I see, but it can work with it. Just give the collider you use a velocity using keyframes... In my video I used real velocity.. With real world acceleration.. If anyone wishes to see the fixed file I can post it here.

I would say that it might help not to have the cloth collider tag on the same obj as a live dynamics tag, so you could have baked the rigid body's animation and then the cloth collision would be calculated on a pre-baked mesh object.