Sign in to follow this  
FlipSwitch

Podcasts?

I'm a big fan and I usually listen to many as I work. joe rogan, marc marons, bill burr, peter holmes basically comedy related and what not... but I was wondering if you guys can recommend any VFX or Mograph podcasts...?

Please do tell... thanks in advance

OK ready, I listen to a lot of podcasts some of these are only tangentially related to mograph but...

I'm really liking spotcast, it's interviews with commercials directors but there is a lot that applies to mograph if you work on TVCs.

There is all the FXGUIDE stuff, the main podcats plus the RC (VFX and Camera Tech)

Scriptonotes podcast on screenwriting.

American Cinematographer and Conversations on Cinematography

Bafta Archive (British Acadeny of Film and Television) lots of lectures on various aspects of the craft.

Ottawa Animation Festival Podcast

KCRW's The Business

Also Radiolab and the Watt From Pedro show (nothing to do with mograph but just generally awesome).

In addition to those listed, I also subscribe to

Nerdist

CBC Spark

RadioLab

This American Life

The Moth

Tell Em Steve Dave

edit: none of these are VFX/Mograph.

Edited by planetfour

I'll add The Indoor Kids (if you're into gaming) & duncan trussel's family hour. Also not mograph related ;)

Thannnk you for suggesting this one. I've been stubborn for awhile with getting into a new podcast. Takes a lot to actually enjoy people talking for over an hour. I just think I'm going to end up hating them. But then in the end I end up loving them.