Sign in to follow this  
Guest TrentDiggity

BDA, legit or overpriced

Guest TrentDiggity

I was talking with a friend about this not long ago and i was wanting to know what others thought of this. To me it seems as though it costs way too much to be a member and you dont really get much out of it. the conference seems nice but is it really worth all that money? It almost makes sense because of them having to pay for holding the conference, peoples time, etc. but what i find to be really out of control is the price of the dvds they sell. Most of the work can beviewed on the web anyways, granted its not anywhere near the quality, i'll take the chances with that and requesting reels from the companies direct before paying those prices. To me it seems that they are really just making money off of other peoples work. maybe i'm just too much of a penny pincher but can i get some opinions on this or possibly shed some light on this new comer as to why its so expensive.

Guest jasfish

I belong but my company pays for it.

The conference was awesome, just in terms of meeting other people and networking, but in terms of getting more out of your membership I don't think so.

The job board is pretty low traffic, especially compared to designinmotion.com's. You do get a 2-disk compilation DVD of all the winners if you're a member which is very nice.

I paid on my own when I was a freelancer, but don't know if I would have renewed if my company hadn't paid for it.

If you can get to the conference, go. If not, I would think twice about becoming a member.

HTH,

jasfish