Sign in to follow this  
Guest govinda

AIGA New York | MOVE: Stories in Motion

Guest govinda

move2.jpg

AIGA | MOVE: Stories In Motion

Presented by the New York Chapter of AIGA, MOVE will showcase groundbreaking work by today’s leading artists, filmmakers, designers, music-video directors, VJs, musicians, and Efx wizards. We guarantee that you will leave feeling so inspired that you will either rethink the way you do your current job or you’ll be motivated to quit and start a new one. Hey, put your creativity in motion.

Friday 29 April 2005 - Saturday 30 April 2005

Skirball Center for the Performing Arts, NYU

556 LaGuardia Place

At Washington Square South

New York, NY

***Will anyone planning to attend please send me a PM?***

Guest mugsy

We went last year...

It was pretty damn cool. Motion Theory was by far the coolest presenter, although Shynola took a close second because they were actually drinking while presenting. Psyop was cool too. I think we will definitely be going again this year. I wouldn't pass on a chance to be in the same room with MK12. Maybe some of their funk will rub off.

Guest 3rdMARTINI

The MK12 are a bunch of great guys. I had drinks with them in Tulsa, OK back in November, and we talked about a bunch of random junk. Good times, and an inspiring presentation beforehand.

Guest firemind

For those of us stuck on the other side of the globe, can you guys that will be there please take pics, share notes and give us a rundown of what it was like? Thx!

Guest BillD222

Okay! I did it!

It does sound pretty awesome.

Any attendees wanna meet up?

Guest rockaway

I'll be up there Thursday night thru Sunday night. We should all make plans to meet up and grab a few drinks. Anyone know of any good bars worth checkin out?

Guest nextseason

I don't think I can make friday but I'll definitely be up there on Sat & Sun.

We'll hit some after parties, get real crunk...

Guest tim.bowman

I'll be there, too.

Looks like there's a shinding already planned for Friday night. Maybe we can arrange a secret handshake or something so we can ID our fellow Mograph operatives.

Guest rockaway
I don't think I can make friday but I'll definitely be up there on Sat & Sun.

We'll hit some after parties, get real crunk...

27998[/snapback]

I'm down. Might I add, your avatar gave me inspiration to get some fronts molded while I'm there. Thanks alot.

Guest PlayerHater

something about nextseason's icon says i just gotta meet up with that guy and go break some shit. I fly in friday morn. someone that knows the area should throw out a meeting location.

Tread, whats your deal? you going or what?

Hubs, I'll holler.

vrwchandshake.jpg

Guest PlayerHater

updated list of whos presenting. i know BNS is new on there, not sure who else.

MOVE: Stories In Motion

Friday 29–Saturday 30 April 2005

Skirball Center for the Performing Arts

New York NY

The New York Chapter of AIGA presents a rare collection of directors, designers and artists telling the newest and strangest stories in motion today.

DIGITAL KITCHEN

If the titles for "Six Feet Under" blew you away, just wait to see what DK's chief creative officer's been cookin' up lately.

PES

Touted as the next Michel Gondry, stop-motion wizard PES was just named Director of the Year in Boards Magazine.

FRIENDS WITH YOU

A crazy performance featuring the three things most requested by a MOVE conference attendee: dancing; video; and life-sized plushies.

PIXAR

Get the inside scoop on the making of "The Incredibles."

MK12

Meet the boys from Kansas City who taught us all that all 3D doesn't have to be shiny and when it comes to irreverence, there's no vertical limit.

CRISPIN PORTER + BOGUSKY

Find out how this agency's topsy-turvy approach to advertising is turning the industry upside down.

THE SUNDANCE CHANNEL

Creative Director Keira Alexandra will unveil the Channel's new redesign and show you a thing or two about hotwiring your creativity.

MACHINIMA

Find out why this radical new filmmaking genre was the darling of this year's Sundance Festival.

GOLAN LEVIN

This artist, designer, composer and engineer will wow us with an exploration of the newest and most improbable modes of audiovisual expression.

MUMBLEBOY

Freak out at the MOVE party with the baddest VJ in the land.

BRAND NEW SCHOOL and PLUS ET PLUS

We’re all in awe of their work—now we’ll be in the know—these design superstars will dissect their best known projects and show us how they work their magic.

Guest Tread

I'll be there... look for me, I'm an average build, average height, average looking white male... haha.

Ted

Guest BillD222
I'll be there... look for me, I'm an average build, average height, average looking white male... haha.

Ted

28064[/snapback]

I will be there also.

I look exactly like Tread.

Guest BillD222
I am like fucking green with envy here, agh!!

28196[/snapback]

Well look at it this way...you're saving yourself $175-$225 bucks + airfare + whatever NYC hookers cost these days. :D

Guest PlayerHater

bite the bullet man, its all about making the compromises. instead of hookers get the chinese massage with happy ending. i know its not the same but sacrafices have to be made.

i also look like ted but am skinnier and wear glasses.

Edited by PlayerHater

Guest Johnny Three Nips

I'll be one of the guys with a gut, a little red beard and beat up nikes. This time around my big sister will be joining me, as well as two other New Paltz alumni.

I'll keep my eyes open for devious penguins, giant eyeballs, classy Jags, ski masks, and other message-board types.

should be a blast!

Guest PlayerHater

better hope you dont walk by me without noticing, i might push you into some icy water.

Guest rockaway
better hope you dont walk by me without noticing, i might push you into some icy water.

28271[/snapback]

haha, great way to start the morning :lol:

Guest tim.bowman

Me and my doppelgangers will be there as the skinny, bald, white guy with art director glasses. But only the real me will be sporting a l33t messenger bag with color bars on it. Shazamm!

"Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya -- tomorrow

You're always a day away..."

Guest BillD222

So..ummm did anyone come up with a meeting place?

Did Ted (Tread) ever find a place to stay?

Guest PlayerHater

yeah he had to get a hotel last night and is crashing with me and my boss the tonight and saturday night, not sure whats up with the rest of the time hes there. no one ever said a meeting spot. Just gonna PM a few of you with contact info i guess. we should totally run amuck at this friday night party deal.